Wednesday 24 March 2010

LULU GUINNESS INTERVIEW


The other day i had an interview for an internship with the bag designer Lulu Guinness, her company are looking for a design intern, the job is expenses paid and would require me to archive and explore their vintage collection, run errands, research for their up and coming collection. I think this internship would be great for me, it is one day a week and would give me access to another aspect of the industry, i have always been interested in designing accessories, it will also help me to further my contacts and give me a great insight to the running of a successful business.

The interview went really well, i'd previously emailed the design director Vicki my CV and brought with me my portfolio, and a box of textile samples. She was really interested in my work and what inspired me, we chatted for quite a while, the interview didn't feel very formal, we discussed designers and labels we liked and also holiday destinations.

At the end of the interview i felt positive, i would love to intern for Lulu Guinness, it will mean extra stress at the end of degree, but i think it would be worth it to gain contacts for my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment